Courtesy of the Automotive Service Association
The following simple and inexpensive preventive checks will greatly extend the life of the vehicle, ensure safer operation and even benefit the environment.
Always consult your owner's manual for individual service schedules because maintenance requirements vary by manufacturer.
- Always consult your owner's manual, but a good rule of thumb is to have the oil filter changed regularly - every 3,000 to 4,000 miles.
- Have all fluids checked, including brake, power steering, transmission/transaxle, windshield washer solvent and antifreeze. These fluids play a large role in the safety and performance of the vehicle.
- Check tire inflation. Under-inflated tires can result in a loss of fuel efficiency. This is the least expensive form of preventive and safety maintenance. Tires should be checked once a month.
- Keep your engine tuned. A fouled spark plug or plugged/restricted fuel injector can reduce fuel efficiency by as much as 30 percent.
- Have the chassis lubricated frequently. This step extends the life of the moving components of the vehicle's suspension system.
- Check battery cables and posts for corrosion and clean them as needed. The battery fluid also should be checked and filled if it is low, unless it is a maintenance-free battery.
- Have the lighting system checked frequently, including headlights, turn signals, and brake and taillights.
- Check windshield washer blades for cracks, tears and windshield contact. Replace them at least once a year, or sooner if streaking begins.
- Inspect engine belts regularly. Worn belts will affect the engine performance. Look for cracks and missing sections or segments.
- Have the air filtration system checked frequently. The air filter should be checked every other oil change for clogging or damage. This system ensures that the vehicle is performing at its peak condition.
Discover More About Maintenance and Repair Services At Debbie's Auto & 4 Wheel Drive in Liberty
Auto AC & Heating Services
Inspections & Emissions
General Auto Repair Services
I have always received the best service at Debbie's Automotive! Chuck and Kenny has given courteous expert advice and we trust their opinions. We have never had to take the car back due to things not be done properly and never had issues with broken parts due to service. Would definitely recommend for your car service needs.
I wouldn't go anywhere else for automotive service. Chuck, Debbie, & Ken are always willing to assist me in repairs to my vehicle & always take me in on the same day. They always call once they evaluate the repairs needed & provide me with an estimate & their work is always top notch!!
I trust Debbie's, and it's important to have a mechanic you trust. Chuck and his staff make sure my concerns are addressed and keep me informed of upcoming needs...like warning me 6 months in advance that I'll need new tires.
Customer service was professional and to my satisfaction as always highly recommend them.
We have five vehicles that are serviced at Debbie's Auto. The staff is polite, efficient and knowledgeable. Major repairs are always discussed and options made available. Regular maintenance is efficient and uneventful.